Innovation Opportunities in Global Education Markets – 31st May
Presented by the North Sydney Innovation Network: Click here to RSVP
So you think you can crack the Asian #Edtech market?
We're in the neighbourhood and #Edtech is our thing, right?
Building a business in Asia is like learning 5 languages; it takes patience and practice. Local conditions, partners, politics and priorities change at every border. One strategy is to predict what won't change across borders and education markets and then innovate to that insight.
If you have the right product and follow the process, you can 'strike it rich'. For example the Singaporean education system has a robust, structured process to test-bed products, but if you make it through, they will efficiently roll-out your product to their whole market <sigh>.
Oh and we're presenting a company / speaker that's done it!
OUR AWESOME SPEAKER - Mark Stanley
• 3 international awards for education technology, including BETT Asia 2014
• 60,000 users in Singapore and a partnership with TATA India to deploy across their 1200 schools.
• B2C assessment app for MacMillan India, supporting 2m (6m in 2018) text books in private schools.
• Penetrated other markets including: Virginia USA, Guatemala, Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia.
WHEN: Wednesday 31st May
TIME: 6pm - 8:30pm-ish
WHERE: ACU, Level 18, 8-20 Napier St, North Sydney 2060
AGENDA of the evening:
• 6:00pm: Please arrive on time to meet other entrepreneurs / startups and check out the co-working space.
• 6:20pm ish: Speaker along with Q&A
• 8:00pm ish: Chat with the speaker and other entrepreneurs
• 8:30pm ish: We try to kick you out! (But there's often a bunch around 'til 9pm)
We want to keep building the community of startups and innovation ecosystem people on the North Shore.
If you have a friend who is working on a startup, you may like to send them the link to this event. You never know what spark might be created as a result!
The Australian Catholic University (ACU) has a leadership position in education research and innovation.
Through its various research institutes and centres they represent "scholars who share a passion to identify, examine and remove barriers to learning and wellbeing" and undertake research "which focuses on how teachers can help their students become engaged from the day they arrive".
See you there!